Community and Social Media Specialist Intern
We are an entrepreneurial and fast-growing team of hungry, and ambitious adventurers, changing the way people live globally. Check out our website, to find out how we are doing this: obeyo.com.
As we are growing fast, we are keeping our hierarchy flat and bureaucracy low, and instead heavily rely on our values to shape our culture and the way we work together. Our core values and beliefs are:
We are community builders — We care about the people we interact with, nurture the communities we are part of and believe that every healthy relationship is built on trust.
We are pioneers — We are crossing borders to venture into the unknown. We believe in expanding physical and mental boundaries to make the impossible possible and empower others to do the same.
We are co-creators - We keep our growth mindset no matter what and help each other evolve. We listen first, talk second, and then get it done.
We are a movement — We thrive on positive vibes and are proud of the change we bring to the world as a part of something bigger.
Are you a people person passionate about building and nurturing relationships? Do you have a talent for creating stories, and a passion for sharing those? Do you enjoy setting the stage and making others shine?
Then fasten your seatbelt, as we are about to take off!
As Community and Social Media Specialist, the future of living will be in your hands. Within our international and quickly growing team, you’ll be responsible for our partner and community programme. This puts you at the heart of engaging and expanding our Obeyo ecosystem which includes our clients, partners, members and residents, as well as our own team and the wider shared living field.
Your mission, should you wish to accept it is simple: Turn obeyo into a social movement.
That means you will be responsible for:
- Co-creating our community strategy for clients, residents and our own internal team;
- Keeping the wider Obeyo community engaged (operators, partners, members, etc), both online and in person.
- Create a social movement around Obeyo to shape the future of living and leave your mark on the world.
To do so you will carry out the following activities:
- Work with the commercial team to understand what of your activities contribute the most to our success also commercially;
- Work with the marketing to co-create the right articles, webinars, presentations and materials to share our story;
- Nurture and expand our Obeyo community on the B2B and B2C side;
- Continuously improve the experience of our partners.
Next to this, at Obeyo, your own initiative and entrepreneurship are highly valued. Hence, don't hesitate to surprise us with your own input and creativity on how you will conquer this mission.
- Passionate about community building
- Strong communication and listening skills with the ability to follow-up and follow-through
- Fluent in English is a requirement, an additional language a plus
- Knowledge and a vision for the future of residential living, in particular in the student - and/or coliving niche
- Content creation - visual and written
- Enterprising can-do mentality
What we offer
We offer a diverse, and challenging six-month internship position with plenty of room for growth. Perks of our internship program include:
- A paid and high-paced internship;
- A buddy to support you on your journey;
- Personalised development plan;
- Real career prospects after graduation;
- An inspiring workplace, next to the Rotterdam central station;
- A fun and exciting team to work and play with
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of the social living revolution the world is waiting for
A day in your life as Community and Social Media Specialist
- 09:00 - daily stand-up with the team to tackle the day.
- 09:15 - creating content for upcoming event.
- 10:00 - checking in with the community, answering questions and identifying topics for future content.
- 11:00 - meeting with our marketing team to review upcoming launch campaigns.
- 11:30 - checking in with the wider team to see how we can build an even better community also within the office.
- 12:00 - lunch and catching up with your colleagues.
- 12:30 - catch-up with commercial team to review which of your activities are most successful commercially.
- 13:00 - creating new visuals and content for articles, webinars or conferences.
- 16:30 - discussing your ideas our new community engagement plan with the leadership team.
- 17:15 - daily debrief to celebrate successes and sort out potential challenges.
We are looking forward to changing the future of living with you!